27.1.06

Apple's new patent reveals a unique "Gaming Tablet" application

Apple's new accelerometer patent reveals a tablet PC? ll about a wild new video game application for Apple's elerometer technology. It provides specific gaming examples of user as a driver and pilot and even provides a glimpse of how the accelerometer will be used in First Person Shooter games. I have a feeling something like this willl end up on a wide screen ipod, the scroll wheel was perfect for audio only ipods with smaller screen real estate, but with the advent of portable video and larger screen sizes, I think apple will have to re-design the interface, possibly using an accelerometer. I also just think it would be kinda neat to have video "flip", to be right side up no matter which way you hold the ipod. This would come in handy if the scroll wheel were to go away, leaving you with just a screen.

read more | digg story

No comments: