13.12.05

Coke Blak < Josta

Since Coke is releasing some new Coffee/Cola hybridCoke Blak, it somewhat reminded me of the best soda ever produced on this planet. Josta. It was released on my High School Campus, and tasted slightly...strange. We all got addicted so quick, and then THEY PULLED IT. Ugh.
"Josta was a carbonated beverage produced by PepsiCo from December 1995 to February 15, 1999. The flavor of Josta has been described as both spicy and fruity. It was marketed as an exotic high-energy drink with high amounts of guarana and caffeine. It had developed a large following comprised of teenagers and people in their early 20s. Pepsi pulled the drink out of production due to lower than expected sales in early 1999 and as a result, a "Save Josta" campaign and a petition has been launched by fans of the drink."
(Wikipedia)

I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, cold and clammy, and needing a Josta. For the love of GOD why can't Pepsi bring it back!?

11 comments:

X said...

You know what I want to come back? Clear Pepsi. Remember that? Somehow, it felt so wrong to be drinking something that looked like Sprite but tasted like Pepsi.

Silly Pepsi.

Alan said...

That stuff *so* rocked, I remember letting it go flat so it looked just like water. That way I could drink it late at night and my parents we're none the wiser.

mina said...

OMG, I miss Josta. You can still get it in South America, you know, and also on some airline flights to South America. Sometimes it makes me wanna jump on a plane to Brazil, just to bring home a case. Or nine. Or make contacts in shipping.

That stuff was G-E-W-D addictive.

Also, it was awesome being test-marketed on. Have you ever wondered how much money Murray made off that whole scheme?

Alan said...

Not enough to keep the school band around. I'm still going to try this coffee/cola drink coming out, Josta it is not. But I need to try and move on. I wish I could just buy the damned formula off pepsi and make small batches of it for online sales. That would rule

MM said...

I love you.

mina said...

We could just hijack a flight to Argentina and make a dramatic skydiving-style escape with the drink cart. Margaret can help with that part.

Or you can just steal the recipe.

Whichever.

Alan said...

Baby...would you help me hijack a flight to Argentina and parachute out with me...for Josta? You DID say that you loved me...

I love you too =*

MM said...

Of course!!! Count me in. If only I had tasted this beverage you speak of... But I will insist on both of us getting a good health insurance plan first.

Alan said...

Good idea honey, we should both have good dental before pulling this off.

MM said...

=p

siobhan said...

Shouldn't they have kept it in your school because guarana is really good for you? It's an ingredient in the crazy acai drinks that my mom is addicted to, and isn't it packed with antioxidants?