
You don't expect this. Or at least I didn't...I don't know about you though...
The sordid tale behind this photo unfolds in a small, packed room to celebrate the 80th birthday of Cannery Row legend Kalissa who breezed in to the Cannery Row scene in 60's and under her arm was belly dancing. Her cafe is located across the street from the Monterey Bay Aquarium (actually, it's the other way around, she was there first). Having never been to this cafe of belly dancing, but hearing a lot about it, I decided to go with my friends to this birthday bash. I was expecting odd things to happen, hell, who doesn't when you go to celebrate the birthday of an 80 year old ex-belly dancer, but I didnÂt realize I had entered the Twilight Zone.
This guy was very serious about his dancing, this wasnĂ‚t some joke (which would have been more awesome but slightly less surreal). This bearded dancer wiggled on stage to shouts of "Amen" and "Hallelujah" from the crowd. I sat there in a state of shock the entire time. My brain, due to pints of Guinness, had blown a fuse. I didn’t t know what to do. I could not stare, I would start to laugh, he was so dedicated that I didn't want to offend. A co-worker called it the "biggest perversion I've ever seen." I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely up there.
No comments:
Post a Comment